Vision Direct is Europe’s largest online contact lens supplier, stocking over 1 million lenses from world leading brands including Focus Dailies, Air Optix and Acuvue Moist. Vision Direct’s fantastic summer campaign highlights the ease of ordering contact lenses online when you are travelling internationally and away from home. I personally had no idea that it was possible to get your contact lenses delivered whilst you were abroad and that most contact lenses can be delivered to European destinations within 2 to 3 days and so in collaboration with Vision Direct we’re sharing our top tips for travelling with contact lenses!
Vision Direct is dedicated to making the purchase of contact lenses easy, quick and affordable. They offer free, fast delivery and seven days a week customer support as well as savings of up to 42% compared to high street opticians! Vision Direct’s summer ad follows the gorgeous pug Gizmo who was the star of Vision Direct’s Christmas campaign! Gizmo will be spending his summer jet-setting across Europe for a summer adventure filled with fun and romance! His first stop is a family holiday to sunny Malaga in Spain! Gizmo shows us that just because they are on holidays doesn’t mean that they should miss out on their contact lenses should something go wrong!
TIPS FOR TRAVELLING WITH CONTACT LENSES
There’s a few essential things you should keep in mind when travelling during Summer to keep your eyes fresh, healthy and clean ensuring you can fully enjoy your holiday and the beautiful destinations you are visiting!
- Choose a sunscreen which won’t irritate your eyes and avoid putting your contact lenses until you’ve washed your hands!
- Keep UV rays at bay by investing in a great pair of sunglasses! Whilst most contact lenses have the ability to block UV rays they aren’t as strong as sunglasses and so it is well worth combining the two to ensure you block out as many of those harmful rays as possible!
- It is almost guaranteed that you’ll spend a lot of your European Summer holiday in the water especially as Europe has some of the most beautiful islands and beaches in the world! It is important to remember that water and contact lenses don’t mix and so make sure you take out your contact lenses before you go swimming! A lot of people aren’t aware that it is possible to have swimming goggles fitted with your prescription so you can see under water!
- During summer eyes can become dry and irritated thanks to the hot weather, dry air and air conditioning and eye drops are one of the best ways to keep your eyes refreshed which allows you to wear your contact lenses for longer.
- Finally, it can be useful to pack a contact lens travel pack when you are travelling as they have everything you need to keep your eyes clean and fresh whilst you are on vacation!
This great infographic showcases just how easy it is to buy your contact lenses whilst you are abroad!
Do you wear contact lenses? Have you ever had any trouble with them whilst travelling?
Let us know! x
This post is brought to you in collaboration with Vision Direct.
Our opinions are as always, our own.